SFS Flyer Electronic Delivery
Starting with the November issue, members electing to receive the monthly newsletter, the SFS Flyer, as a PDF will receive an e-mail with a link to download their edition instead of an attachment. This will allow a faster delivery for members and make it easier for our hardworking membership data coordinator. (Please consider opting in for the .pdf version to save SFS mailing and printing costs, and possibly receive your Flyer a few days earlier as a bonus! Once downloaded, you have the option of reading on your computer or printing the Flyer at home) If you have questions about your membership status, renewal, the format in wihich you receive the Flyer, or any other member questions, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We had a database transition issue that left a number of members out of both the mailed and e-mailed Flyer lists for October. It’s being addressed and you can expect your November Flyer to arrive as usual.
Thanks for your understanding and, as always, your support of SFS!
-the Membership Committee
Upcoming Seattle Folklore Society Concerts and Events
Fall concerts and some Winter listings are now up! Tickets for each concert will go on sale 60 days before the concert date, unless otherwise noted.
- Nov 11 – Childsplay at the Nordstrom (Benroya) Recital Hall (see listing for SFS member discount code)
- Nov 17 – Norah Rendell and the Lost 40
- Nov 24 – West My Friend
- December 15 The Go Janes, with storyteller Auntmama
|West My Friend Nov 24, 2018, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
Described as everything from indie-roots to chamber-folk, West My Friend has an acoustic blend of instruments and three-part harmonies that challenges the conventions of popular music.
|Go Janes In Concert with storyteller Auntmama Dec 15, 2018, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
The harmonious trio Go Janes debuts in this festive holiday season concert, joined by storyteller Auntmama weaving stories with Go Janes' music.
|Sver Jan 19, 2019, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
Epic Nordic Folk! SVER has its own take on traditional Norwegian folk music. They play original compositions as well as traditional tunes with fantastic, fresh arrangements, all rooted in the folk tradition. Co-sponsored by Skandia Folkdance Society,
Full list of our events
- Events that missed the November Flyer Listings (11/14/2018) - This is a reminder that our monthly newsletter, the SFS Flyer, is dependent on you (the organizers, fans, and volunteers) to submit events for our Folk Calendar. Please send short listings of folk and traditional music, dance or arts to email@example.com by the 15th of the previous month for inclusion (Regular contributors should set up … Continue reading Events that missed the November Flyer Listings
- Benefit Concert featuring Just Us Singers, October 20 (9/26/2018) - (We regret that the following calendar item missed being listed in the October Flyer) Saturday, October 20. Benefit Concert featuring Just Us Singers – Beth Brunton, Mike Wold, Kris Zawisza, Linda Anderson. Songs for a Just World – Come Sing Along! 4 pm, Jackson Place CoHousing Dining Room, 800 Hiawatha Place S., 98144. Free event; all donations go … Continue reading Benefit Concert featuring Just Us Singers, October 20
- Correction in the September SFS Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School celebrates ten years! (9/5/2018) - CORRECTION: Contrary to the article printed in the September SFS Flyer, Doug McLeod will NOT be teaching at Dusty Strings this year. An article from 2017 was mistakenly included in the recent issue. The Flyer editor regrets the error. Here is the correct article, which will be in the October Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School … Continue reading Correction in the September SFS Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School celebrates ten years!