Upcoming Seattle Folklore Society Concerts and Events
Fall concert listings are now up! The season opens on September 22nd, with Mollie O’Brien and Rich Moore. Tickets for each concert will go on sale 60 days before the concert date, unless otherwise noted.
- Sept 22 – Mollie O’Brien and Rich Moore
- Sept 29 – Fiddlers of the NW Showcase Concert, hosted by Vivian Williams
Featuring Ramon Selby, Lisa Ornstein, Karen England, and Armin Barnett
- Oct 6 – David Mallett
- Oct 13 – Evie Ladin & Keith Terry
- Oct 20 – The Fretless
- Oct 21 – The Kathy Kallick Band
- Oct 27 – Randal Bays & John Coyne
- Nov 3 – Greg Ruby 6 – the music of Oscar Alemán
- Nov 11 – Childsplay at the Nordstrom (Benroya) Recital Hall (see listing for SFS member discount code)
- Nov 17 – Norah Rendell and the Lost 40
- Nov 24 – West My Friend
|Mollie O'Brien & Rich Moore Sep 22, 2018, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
Singer Mollie O’Brien and guitarist Rich Moore have for over 30 years steadfastly made it their mission to unlock the secrets of the diverse array of styles that comprise the canon of American Roots Music. Geniuses at interpretation and never sacrificing the essence of the songs they tackle, they are at home with their musical selves. They are unafraid of risk taking, authoritative in their performance and at the very top of their game. And to top it all off, they’re fun.
|Fiddlers of the Northwest Showcase Concert Sep 29, 2018, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
SFS presents a special showcase featuring four notable fiddlers living in the Northwest. Hosted by Vivian Williams, the show will be a sampling of short sets from some of the Northwest’s finest: Ramon Selby (Western swing), Lisa Ornstein (Quebecois), Karen England with Touloulou (Cajun), and Armin Barnette (Southern Old-time)
|David Mallett Oct 06, 2018, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
Singer-songwriter, David Mallett, one of America’s true original troubadours
Full list of our events
- Correction in the September SFS Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School celebrates ten years! (9/5/2018) - CORRECTION: Contrary to the article printed in the September SFS Flyer, Doug McLeod will NOT be teaching at Dusty Strings this year. An article from 2017 was mistakenly included in the recent issue. The Flyer editor regrets the error. Here is the correct article, which will be in the October Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School … Continue reading Correction in the September SFS Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School celebrates ten years!
- House Concert: Tristan Le Govic, Breton harper, singer, and storyteller (8/11/2018) - Tuesday, August 28 Tristan Le Govic, Breton harper, singer, and storyteller, in a house concert at beautiful Arborea House in Woodinville WA, 8 pm. Tristan was raised in the Celtic culture of Brittany in northwest France, and is internationally known as an artist in that tradition. $15, cash or check only. Please e-mail email@example.com for further info, to reserve … Continue reading House Concert: Tristan Le Govic, Breton harper, singer, and storyteller
- Free Outdoor Summer Concert & Dance Series – Send us your recommendations! (7/9/2018) - There are free outdoor concerts and dances all over the greater Seattle area in the summer! Send us your recommendations (especially folk, world, and roots music) and we’ll add them to our list. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of Kenmore Thursday night series 6:30 – 8:30 at St. Edwards Park, starting July 12 Notable in … Continue reading Free Outdoor Summer Concert & Dance Series – Send us your recommendations!