Upcoming Seattle Folklore Society Concerts and Events
The annual SFS picnic will take place on September 9, 4-8pm. This year it will be held in the 6th Avenue NW Pocket Park, at the corner of NW 76th St and 6th Ave NW. Jamming and singing welcome – bring instruments, voices, and food or beverage to share (please, no alcoholic beverages as we are in a public park) There is a rain location a short walk away – the address will be posted at the park if needed. Come meet others with a passion for folk music; socialize and share ideas with other SFS members and the SFS board, play a few tunes or join in on some songs. Hope to see you there!
Fall concert listings are now up! The season opens on September 22nd, with Mollie O’Brien and Rich Moore. Tickets for each concert will go on sale 60 days before the concert date, unless otherwise noted.
- Sept 22 – Mollie O’Brien and Rich Moore
- Sept 29 – Fiddle Showcase
- Oct 6 – David Mallet
- Oct 13 – Evie Ladin & Keith Terry
- Oct 20 – The Fretless
- Oct 21 – The Kathy Kallick Band
- Oct 27 – Randal Bays & John Coyne
- Nov 3 – Greg Ruby – the music of Oscar Alemán
- Nov 11 – Childsplay at the Nordstrom (Benroya) Recital Hall (see listing for SFS member discount code)
- Nov 17 – Norah Rendell and the Lost 40
- Nov 24 – West My Friend
- House Concert: Tristan Le Govic, Breton harper, singer, and storyteller (8/11/2018) - Tuesday, August 28 Tristan Le Govic, Breton harper, singer, and storyteller, in a house concert at beautiful Arborea House in Woodinville WA, 8 pm. Tristan was raised in the Celtic culture of Brittany in northwest France, and is internationally known as an artist in that tradition. $15, cash or check only. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further info, to reserve … Continue reading House Concert: Tristan Le Govic, Breton harper, singer, and storyteller
- Free Outdoor Summer Concert & Dance Series – Send us your recommendations! (7/9/2018) - There are free outdoor concerts and dances all over the greater Seattle area in the summer! Send us your recommendations (especially folk, world, and roots music) and we’ll add them to our list. Email to email@example.com. The City of Kenmore Thursday night series 6:30 – 8:30 at St. Edwards Park, starting July 12 Notable in … Continue reading Free Outdoor Summer Concert & Dance Series – Send us your recommendations!
- WHIDBEY ISLAND MUSIC FESTIVAL (7/3/2018) - The Whidbey Island Music Festival is delighted to announce it’s thirteenth summer season of chamber music concerts. This season will present a wide-ranging series of six performances of four different programs, all on period instruments. The Whidbey Island Music Festival is a beloved annual event that presents great performances of baroque and classical chamber music … Continue reading WHIDBEY ISLAND MUSIC FESTIVAL