Did you miss receiving the October Flyer?
We had a database transition issue that left a number of members out of both the mailed and e-mailed Flyer lists this round. It’s being addressed and you can expect your November Flyer to arrive as usual. A .pdf October Flyer will be emailed to all as soon as we can.
Thanks for your understanding and, as always, your support of SFS!
-the Membership Committee
Upcoming Seattle Folklore Society Concerts and Events
Fall concerts and some Winter listings are now up! The season opens on September 22nd, with Mollie O’Brien and Rich Moore. Tickets for each concert will go on sale 60 days before the concert date, unless otherwise noted.
- Sept 22 – Mollie O’Brien and Rich Moore
- Sept 29 – Fiddlers of the NW Showcase Concert, hosted by Vivian Williams
Featuring Ramon Selby, Lisa Ornstein, Karen England, and Armin Barnett
- Oct 6 – David Mallett
- Oct 13 – Evie Ladin & Keith Terry
- Oct 20 – The Fretless
- Oct 21 – The Kathy Kallick Band
- Oct 27 – Randal Bays & John Coyne
- Nov 3 – Greg Ruby 6 – the music of Oscar Alemán
- Nov 11 – Childsplay at the Nordstrom (Benroya) Recital Hall (see listing for SFS member discount code)
- Nov 17 – Norah Rendell and the Lost 40
- Nov 24 – West My Friend
- December 15 The Go Janes, with storyteller Auntmama
|The Fretless Oct 20, 2018, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
Fresh, and progressive - This young band is taking string music to fascinating places as it transforms Celtic fiddle tunes, folk melodies and chamber music into intricate and beautiful arrangements. (Advance tickets for this concert will be available on-line until 12:30, and then at the door for $2 more - cash or check only)
|Kathy Kallick Band Oct 21, 2018, 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
The Kathy Kallick Band is based along the west coast, from the San Francisco Bay Area to Anchorage, but their powerful mixture of original and classic music, mirroring their distinctive combination of traditional and contemporary sensibilities, has great appeal everywhere. On October 20th, SFS is pleased to bring them back to our concert stage as they celebrate the release of [...]
|Randal Bays and John Coyne Oct 27, 2018, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm Phinney Center Concert Hall, Brick Building 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle Buy tickets online or 1-800-838-3006|
Randal Bays and John Coyne bring power and passion to the traditional music of Ireland. Join us for a night of fiddle tunes - the reels and jigs that are the hallmark of the Irish tradition - plus a great selection of songs, a few stories, all delivered with the heartfelt wish to share the to share the wild beauty of Irish music with their audience.
Full list of our events
- Events that missed the October Flyer Listings (10/6/2018) - This is a reminder that our monthly newsletter, the SFS Flyer, is dependent on you (the organizers, fans, and volunteers) to submit events for our Folk Calendar. Please send short listings of folk and traditional music, dance or arts to email@example.com by the 15th of the previous month for inclusion (Regular contributors should set up … Continue reading Events that missed the October Flyer Listings
- Benefit Concert featuring Just Us Singers, October 20 (9/26/2018) - (We regret that the following calendar item missed being listed in the October Flyer) Saturday, October 20. Benefit Concert featuring Just Us Singers – Beth Brunton, Mike Wold, Kris Zawisza, Linda Anderson. Songs for a Just World – Come Sing Along! 4 pm, Jackson Place CoHousing Dining Room, 800 Hiawatha Place S., 98144. Free event; all donations go … Continue reading Benefit Concert featuring Just Us Singers, October 20
- Correction in the September SFS Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School celebrates ten years! (9/5/2018) - CORRECTION: Contrary to the article printed in the September SFS Flyer, Doug McLeod will NOT be teaching at Dusty Strings this year. An article from 2017 was mistakenly included in the recent issue. The Flyer editor regrets the error. Here is the correct article, which will be in the October Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School … Continue reading Correction in the September SFS Flyer: Dusty Strings Music School celebrates ten years!