The best link for the most dance info is Seattle Folk Dancing.
- Emerald City Contra Dance
- Contra Dancing
- Clog Dancing
- English Country Dance
- Square dancing
- Waltzing, mostly, and some other dances as well
- Cajun and zydeco dancing
- Sonny Newman’s Dance Hall (tango, waltz)
- Scandinavian dance
- Northwest Dance Network, swing and other partner dances
- Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
- Dance for Joy
For email subscriptions about mostly waltz and ballroom dance events, send an email to Bejurin or call Monica or Bejurin at 206/367-1626.
To receive another dance email for many other dance events, including any classes, email Ron Bolin or call him at 425/917-1188 or toll free 1-888/423-8635.
If you want to be part of an ongoing discussion group about contra dancing, send an email to
- The Seattle Family Dance starts again on January 8th(earlier time: 2 :30 – 4:30 PM)! (1/4/2017) - Family Dance this Sunday, January 8th! Come hear (and dance to) the next exciting young band – “The Mossbacks” – at the Phinney Neighborhood Center Community Hall this Sunday from 2:30 to 4:30 pm! These talented youth play with skill and confidence far beyond their years. They are all multi-instrumentalists: Carter Schafer (15) plays fiddle, … Continue reading The Seattle Family Dance starts again on January 8th(earlier time: 2 :30 – 4:30 PM)!
- December 2nd Contra Dance takes place at OmCulture (11/17/2016) - Just a reminder that the Emerald City Contra Dance moves to OmCulture for the December 2nd dance! (The Phinney Center is setting up for Winterfest, their annual craft and entertainment fair) December 2 – KGB – Julie King (piano), Claude Ginsberg (fiddle), and Dave Bartley (mandolin, guitar-like instruments, percussion). One of Seattle’s top bands combines … Continue reading December 2nd Contra Dance takes place at OmCulture