Come to the Phinney/Greenwood neighborhood for all day activities! Here are a few highlights of Make Music PhinneyWood (see an updated schedule at www.phinneycenter.org/calendar/makemusicday/ after June 19th)
Please help share pictures and experiences on social media #MakeMusicSeattle.
- Different Drummer, a multi-genre chamber ensemble comprised of violin, cello, double bass and percussion, invites listeners to an open rehearsal in the Heart of Phinney Park 10am – 1pm
- The Greenwood Library features storytimes in the morning, instrument making and Junk Jam Band with Seattle ReCreative 3-5pm, an Instrument Petting Zoo with Music Center of the Northwest 4-5:30pm, and a Rounds Singing workshop for adults (all ages welcome) led by Sandy Buchner aka Zelda Starfire 6-7:15. Workshop participants have a chance to show off with a short performance at 7:20 in the Library Courtyard! https://www.spl.org/…/greenwood-br…/greenwood-branch-events…
- A-1 Piano will have a piano on the street for passersby to do impromptu concerts.
- Seattle Song Circle hosts an open sing (5-7pm) and the Ukestra performs and leads a “strum -a-long” (concert 7-7:45, hosted jam for singers and all instruments 7:45 – 8:30pm) on the lawn of the Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church, 7500 Greenwood Ave N.
- An open jam of northern dance tunes (French Canadian, Irish, New England & beyond) will be hosted by Brad, Valerie, & friends, and a participatory dance by Sarah Comer’s Open Old Time Dance Band and the Seattle Collaborative Contra Band will take place in the Greenwood Hardware parking lot. (Jam session 5-7:15/ Easy Dances for All! 7:30 – 9pm )
- Salmon Bay Community Lending hosts 2 participatory jams: Jazz from 6-7:30 & Tango 7:30 – 9. Bring your instrument; lead sheets provided! There is also an open kids musicmaking area.
- Betsy Alexander teaches a free “Fiddling from Scratch” workshop 6pm at Illuminations Learning Studio (7720 Greenwood Ave N ) for all ages of the fiddle curious. Loaner instruments are available for both children and adults for the workshop.
Watch for these performances (subject to change):
All-ages performances in the Screening Room of Naked City Brewery
(8564 Greenwood Ave N) Happy hour prices 3-5pm
The Temporaries 3:15-4:00
Little Sara and the Night Owls 4:15 – 5:00PM
Heart of Phinney Park (67th & Greenwood, east or west corners):
Steve Church -folk, blues, & jazzy originals 3:30 – 4:00pm
Do Peterson Band – classic soul & folk 5pm
Strawberry Rocket – original rock trio 6pm
Phinney Ridge Orchestra 8:00
Phinney Ridge Youth Orchestra 8:30
The Phinery (6500 Phinney Ave N)
Phinney School of Music 5-5:30 pm
Starbucks (outside) 5-6pm
Ken Elia – Solo classical guitar and arrangements of pop/rock/jazz
Phinney Books: Mathew Benham – Jazz Guitaist 6-8 pm
3 Wishes Clothing: TBA
Couth Buzzard (in front of the store):
Jim Page – Seattle’s great songwriter and activist shares stories and songs starting at 3pm and throughout the evening.
Stage Door Cafe:
Stewart Hendrickson – solo fiddle, mostly Scandinavian 4pm
Johnson & Johnson Antiques (6820 Greenwood Ave N):
Cedron and N’Shama Sterling – Music that Touches the Heart – 7-9pm
Beats & Bohos (7200 Greenwood Ave N):
Kelly Blanchard & Blue Star Creeper 7 – 8pm
Abby London 6pm
The Lost Boy presents the Kewl Kidz 8pm
Verity Courtyard (8533 Greenwood Ave N):
Abraham Neuwelt – percussion & handpan 3:30 – 5:30
SaeMonae – solo rap 7pm
Phoebe Kinks – indie alternative band 7:30 pm
Moon Candy – all-women country rock band 8pm
Jav DaHart – solo songwriter a mix of hip hop, pop, rock and poetry 8:30pm