Song Circles and Group Sings
- Seattle Song Circle, every Sunday evening call 425-998-6134 7×24 for location
- Edmonds Ukulele Song Circle 1PM Wednesdays Edmonds Senior Center
- Seattle Ukulele Song Circle 2nd Sunday at Phinney Center 1:15 – 4:30
- Circle Sing 1st Saturday 4-5:30 PM led by Debbie Boland Watt Dusty Strings
- Gather and Sing every Wednesday 12-1 PM Dusty Strings led by Alice Howe
- Community Sing 2nd Saturday Noon to 1PM at Couth Buzzard 8310 Greenwood N led by Stew Hendrickson
- Shanty Sing 2nd Friday 8-10 PM by NW Seaport South Lake Union (Location varies)
- Seattle Pub Sing 3rd Thursday 8-10 PM at TS HcHughs 21 Mercer St.
- Song circles in the Northwest
- Every Monday 7:30 Irish Traditional – Murphy’s Pub 1928 N 45th 7:30 PM
- Every Monday: Contra dance music jam session at Sande and Alan’s house. 7:30-10:00 p.m. For more information contact email@example.com
- Every Tuesday Cabin Tavern 7PM (singing also)
19322 Richmond Beach Drive Northwest Shoreline, WA 98177-2945
- Every Tuesday Old Time jam Wedgwood Ale House 8515 35th NE. 8-11 with Tony Mates firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd Wed. Klezmer Jam Bernice Maslan www.seattleklezmer.com
- Every Wednesday 7:30 PM Peter Tilton runs a Bluegrass workshop and Jam session at 723 NE Northlake Way, Seattle. http://www.workshopmusic.org/
- Every Thurs 1-4 JACKS DAYJAMS (warm weather) Greenlake Bath house area
park in North lot Info: 206 999-0885 Bring a chair
- 1st & 3rd Saturday 11am – 1pm Couth Buzzard 8310 Greenwood N
- 2nd & 4th Saturday Antique Sandwich, 5102 N Pearl, Tacoma 12-4 PM
- 2nd and 5th Saturday Jam at Aurora Antique Mall Sunday 1-5PM Doug: 206-660-7801
- Every Sunday Irish Jam : Fado’s, 801 1st Avenue, 264-2700, 4-7pm (but not during Seahawks home games)
- 1st Sunday Jam at the Little Store 1P-4P
20th NW and NW Richmond Beach Rd. Doug 206-660-7801
- 2nd Sunday Northwest Scottish Fiddlers will meet for a jam monthly (may switch to 3rd Sunday when there is a holiday conflict). contact
Marcia Thumma email: email@example.com
- 2nd Sunday: Traditional Scottish, 2–5pm. The Fireside Room, Calvin Presbyterian Church, 18828 3rd Ave. NW, Shoreline. See nwscottishfiddlers.org for more info.
- 2nd Sunday: Old Time Jam, Sarah Comer, 1:30–3:30, at Dusty Strings. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3rd Sunday: “Mostly Northern” (Contra dance music) 3-6PM, various living rooms, contact Harvey 329-2559, Mary Varnum email@example.com
- 3rd Sunday, Ukulele Jam, Sunga Rose, 2:30–4, at Dusty Strings. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3rd Sunday Irish Harp Circle Mountlake Library 2-4:30 PM Info: email@example.com
- 3rd Sundays Cape Breton (Poulsbo) – Celtic open trad music session 2-5 PM. We meet at Tizleys Europe Pub & often stay for a meal. Fiddles, whistle, guitar, banjo, concertina, small pipes ..singers welcome. Jane Landstra 360-697-6192
4th Sunday Jam Grateful Bread Bakery –
NE 70th & 35th NE Seattle 1P-4P JACK 206 999 0885
- Fourth Sunday, Bluegrass Jam, Rob Bulkley, 2:30–4:30, at Dusty Strings. 3406 Fremont Av. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fourth Sunday: Northern Tunes open session led by the Rhythm Rollers (Laurie Andres, Cathie Whitesides, and WB Reid). 6–9pm, free. Couth Buzzard Books. All instruments and levels welcome. Info: Rhythm Rollers
(SIGN UP 30 MIN EARLY UNLESS NOTED)
- Every Monday : Fiddler’s Inn, 8:30pm. Call in the morning to sign up 206/525-0752. 9219 35th NE, SEattle
- Every Tuesday Twede’s Cafe, 137 East North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045, 425/831-5511. . 6:30. Contact Alan. Acoustic music.
- Every Tuesday: The Antique Sandwich Co, 51st & N. Pearl, Tacoma. By Victory Music. Every Tuesday at 7pm, 253-752-4069.
- Every Wednesday: Couth Buzzard, 8310 Greenwood Ave N, 436-2960. 7:30-9:30pm. Music, Poems, Dance, Comedy, Stories! In a friendly, acoustic (no-mic), listening atmosphere
- Every Wednesday and Thursday Grumpy D’s Ballard 7001 15th Ave NW.
- Every Wednesday: Hopvine Pub – 507 15th Avenue East Seattle. Music from 9-11. All welcome, most are singer/songwriters. Hosted by Eric Miller
- First Thursdays Crossoads Shopping Center, 156th Avenue NE and NE 8th St, Bellevue. Presented by Victory Music. from 6pm to 10pm, 425-644-1111.
- 1st Friday 7:30 Maple Valley Creative Arts Center, 23220 Maple Valley Highway SE, Renton. – sign up at 6:30, start at 7:00. Contact Jim Hanna. Open to acoustic music, poetry, magic, comedy (as long as it’s family friendly). (verif pend)
- Every Sunday, Open Mic, Conor Byrne Pub. 8pm. 5140 Ballard Ave NW
Other resources on the web
- Twitter Open Mics Feed: https://twitter.com/openmicseattle
Seattle Open Mic Community Facebook Group:
- Pacific NW Bluegrass Jams Very complete listing http://washingtonbluegrassassociation.org/jams.php
- Seattle (Irish) Session Index – Lists Irish Jam sessions
RIP – Silent Strings
- Sessions or locations no longer hosting Jams or Open Mics
- Tacoma Irish Session stopped early 2014
- Tacoma Celtic Players – also no longer active as of 2012
- Dubliner Pub Irish Harp Sessions
- Wired and Unplugged Coffee House, 717 1st St, Snohomish.
- Gypsy Cafe & Pub , Fremont
- Flying Pie Pizzeria, Issaquah
- Hotwire Coffeehouse, Shoreline
- Pickled Onion, Renton
- Golden Steer, Kent
- Triple Door – no response