Email corrections and other places to play and we will add them. It’s best to call before traveling to play at one of these, as things change all the time.
- 2nd Sunday: Seattle Ukulele Players Association
- 3rd Sunday: “Mostly Northern” (Contra dance music) 3-6PM, various living rooms, contact Harvey 329-2559, or watch flyer listings
- Northwest Scottish Fiddlers will meet for a jam monthly starting September 2007, on the 2nd Sunday of the month (may switch to 3rd Sunday when there is a holiday conflict).
- Every Monday: Contra dance music jam session at Sande and Alan’s house. 7:30-10:00 p.m. For more information go to fiddledance.com.
- 3rd Tuesday: ‘Mostly Northern’ (Contra Dance Music) 7:30 – 10:00PM 5739 33rd Ave. NE, Seattle, for more info, call Mary Bicknell at 524-6376
- On Wednesday’s (and the occasional Saturday), a man named Peter Tilton runs a Bluegrass workshop and Jam session at the Gypsy Cafe & Pub. Here is his website: http://www.newearthmusic.com/gypsy.
- 2nd Friday: Cape Breton & Celtic “Reel Time” jam in Poulsbo – Poulsbohemian Cafe, 7 – 11PM info: Jane Landstra (360)697-6192
- Slow jam, Jane Landstra, Poulsbo
- Every 2nd and 4th Saturday: The TACOMA IRISH SESSIONERS meet to play from 2:00pm to 4:00pm in Tacoma. Intermediate level. For location, tune list and more info go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TacomaIrishSessioners
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays: The Tacoma Celtic Players host a bi-monthly slow-Intermediate session at: “O’Farrells’ restaurant” 1100 N.Meridian, Puyallup, WA 2pm-5pm 1st and 3rd Saturdays’ of every month. If we are not there, then the group has gone on one of our “field trips” which is posted at our website. Located behind Fred Meyer in their parking lot.
- Saturday afternoons (usually) there is an Irish Session at Fado’s. The schedule is highly variable during football season.
- See also Seattle (Irish) Session Index
- Fiddler’s Inn, Monday nights 8:30pm. Call in the morning to sign up 206/525-0752.
- Twede’s Cafe, 137 East North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045, 425/831-5511. Twede’s Cafe in North Bend hosts an Open Mic every Tuesday. Sign up is at 6:00 pm Music starts at 6:30. Contact Alan. Acoustic music.
- The Antique Sandwich Co, 51st & N. Pearl, Tacoma. Presented by Victory Music. Every Tuesday at 7pm, sign up by 6:30pm, 253/752-4069. Small admission charge.
- Triple Door Musicquarium Open Mic Night takes place the first Wednesday of every month. Sign up begins at 8PM. The sign up sheet is posted by the aquarium. The Open Mic begins at 9PM. 15 minutes max per act. All acts welcome. Questions can be answered at email@example.com.
- Murphy’s Pub, 45th Street, Wallingford. Every Wednesday, hosted by John Weiss.
- Hopvine Pub – 507 15th Avenue East Seattle. Open Mike night is Wednesdays. Sign up at 8:30. Music from 9-11. All types of performers are welcome, though most are singer/songwriters. Hopvine serves Pacific Northwest beer & wine, and the kitchen is open until 11. Hosted by Scott Bellman.
- Crossoads Shopping Center, 156th Avenue NE and NE 8th Street, Bellevue. Presented by Victory Music. First Thursdays from 6pm to 10pm, sign up by 5:30pm, 425/644-1111.
- Hotwire Online Coffeehouse Thursdays 7pm to close 17551 15th Ave NE Shoreline, Wa 98155 206.957.2000
- The Gypsy Cafe & Pub, 510 Stoneway N, Seattle, WA 98103 206.632.0647 Open Mic every Thursday Sign up at 7:30, music at 8:00 PM Host: Linda Lee Linda brings in drums, a keyboard, guitars and other instruments so you can have backup while you perform if you would like.
- Wired and Unplugged Coffee House, 717 1st St, Snohomish. Every Friday 6-9PM.
- Flying Pie Pizzeria, 30 Front Street South, Issaquah, 425/391-2407, some Fridays, 7-9:30pm?
- Maple Valley Creative Arts Center, 23220 Maple Valley Highway SE, Suite 15, Renton. 2nd and 4th Saturdays– sign up at 6:30, start at 7:00. First open mike was on Oct 11, 2008. Contact Jim Hanna. Open to acoustic music, poetry, magic, comedy (as long as it’s family friendly).
- The Pickled Onion, 1314 Union Ave. N.E. Renton, WA 98059, 425-271-3629. The last Saturday of every month, sign up at 7:30 p.m. This is an acoustic, singer/songwriter open mic. Poets welcome.
- Kent Open Mic, Golden Steer Steak & Rib House, 23826 104th Ave SE, Second Sundays, starting at 5:00pm and going until 9:00pm or later. Contact: Rob Kneisler
- Also see OpenMikes.org
Open Band Contradance, New England to Southern Old Time music Second Sunday, September through May. “All welcome to play, call, or dance”. Sunset Hill Community Center, 3003 NW 66th St, Seattle. Time: potluck 5, dancing 6-8:30. Cost $7/person, $10/family.