The Feb 9th Concert with Genticorum is on as scheduled!
We are looking forward to some hot French-Canadian tunes to warm the hall! Here is a note from the concert producer:
Dear Genticorum ticket holders.
The concert IS BEING HELD tonight. If you cannot come due to road conditions, and purchased advance tickets on-line, contact Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006 before 5pm. You can opt for a refund or a credit to be used for another show. If you bought your tickets in person at an SFS concert, e-mail us by 5PM. (You should have received an e-mail notification – reply to that or contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please park up on Greenwood and walk down to the brick building. 65th is closed and some of the steep side streets are not good. Drive carefully!
Genticorum is looking forward to sharing their music with you!
(Please note that the Phinney Center closures do not affect the concert schedules – it is an independent decision. Make your own choice, but be prudent if road conditions are a concern)
(We will add events to this list as we become aware of them)
Friday, Feb. 8th – These events are cancelled or postponed:
Emerald City Contra Dance
Chanty Sing at NW Seaport
English Country Dance at the Swedish Club
Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints at the Shanty Tavern with Alex Dunn
Wes Weddell Album Release Show with Ben Mish Trio & Lizzie Weber at The Royal Room (postponed)
Small Potatoes concert at the Couth Buzzard (hosted by the Pacific NW Folklore Society)
Dusty Strings is closing early Friday, check the Facebook page for updates on store hours
The Fremont Abbey Katie Kuffel concert at is rescheduled for 2/16.
Saturday, Feb 9 – Cancelled or Postponed:
Hands-On Skills Fair (Northeast Sustainable Seattle) at Meadowbrook Community Center (Their webpage is not updated, but an e-mail notification stated the event is cancelled for 2/9 and hopes to reschedule for a later date)
Dusty Strings Music School closed for the weekend (check the Facebook Page to see if there are store hours.) Old Time jam with Molly Tanenbaum cancelled.
All events at the Hugo House on Friday-Sunday, Feb. 8-10 have been canceled.
Tony Furtado’s show at Ballard Homestead on Saturday, Feb. 9 has been rescheduled to Thursday, Feb. 21, at the same location.
Crossroads Mall (Bellevue) – All music events canceled for the weekend of Feb 8-10
Sunday, Feb 10 – Cancelled or Postponed:
Seattle Song Circle (scheduled at the Greenwood Senior Center) – cancelled
SUPA (Seattle Ukulele Players Association) Uke song circle is cancelled
Fado Irish session – cancelled
University of Washington School of Music – Scholarship Recital
Fremont Abbey Open Space is cancelled.
We suggest calling ahead to verify other events.
The Seattle Times also reports:
- Seattle Children’s Theatre has canceled all performances on Friday, Feb. 8.
- Michelle Obama’s appearance at the Tacoma Dome on Friday, Feb. 8, has been rescheduled for Sunday, March 24.
- Strawberry Theatre Workshop has canceled its Friday, Feb. 8 performance of “Everybody.”
- Theatre Off Jackson’s performance of “140 LBS” on Friday, Feb. 8, has been canceled.
- Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park has canceled its event with John Kimon Friday, Feb. 8. The store plans to reschedule, but does not have a set date.
- Several events at Seattle Public Libraries on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8-9, have been canceled or rescheduled.
- Seattle Repertory Theatre has canceled the Friday, Feb. 8 evening and Saturday, Feb. 9 matinee performances of “Last of the Boys.”
- Seattle’s Chinatown International District’s Lunar New Year Celebration on Saturday, Feb. 9, has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 2.
- Pike Place Market’s Love is in the Market on Saturday, Feb. 9, has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 23.
- Woodland Park Zoo’s Valentine’s Day events on Saturday, Feb. 9, have been canceled.
- MoPOP’s Sound Off! Semifinals No. 1 on Saturday, February 9, has been canceled, with bands rescheduled to play at one of the other two semifinals either Saturday, Feb. 16 or Saturday, Feb. 23.
- Elliott Bay Book Co.’s reading event with Peg Edera on Saturday, Feb. 9, has been canceled. The store plans to reschedule, but does not have a set date.
- Seattle Art Museum closed at noon Friday, Feb. 8, and will be closed Saturday, Feb. 9. All on-site events at the downtown museum and the Olympic Sculpture Park are also canceled.
- Seattle Symphony’s Tiny Tots programs on Saturday, Feb. 9, have been rescheduled to Saturday, March 2.
- Orchestra Seattle/Seattle Chamber Singers has canceled its Saturday, Feb. 9, “Symphonies of Psalms” concert.
- One Day University’s A Morning of History on Sunday, Feb. 10, has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 30.
- University Book Store’s event with author Gaby Dunn on Monday, Feb. 11, has been canceled.
- The Archdiocese of Seattle’s Catholic High School Choir Festival on Monday, Feb. 11, has been rescheduled to Thursday, March 28.